Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Note From Kylie Ellmers

I have been flat out doing massive hours however some of that has been for myself. Over the last 3-4 years I have been building a race trailer every time I got a little money I would do a little more and I finally got it done enough to take to the Nationals 2 weeks ago (Simon came over in the last week and helped me also which made a huge difference). Still not finished but road worthy now so at least can use. It’s been a long time coming and I was more excited about that than the racing I think.

Just as well, in pro ski we started with a flying hot lap individually and I got 2 equal with Jake Barker who is the Australian top rider. We were beaten by Motz who came over to try Less’s Hydro so pretty good effort I thought. Anyway like a second before I crossed the line there was a massive and I mean massive ear piercing noise and I ground to a fast halt. As I crossed the line everybody was on the pier watching. Lucky I was real low in the tray otherwise I would have gone over the bars big. Anyway, I just put up both my hands and went yes I finished; it was funny. What else could you do and I knew it was a good lap. Got towed to shore and started pulling it out and fuel is pouring out the duck bills so quickly blocked them off.

You wouldn’t believe my new ski I got myself for X-mas with about 15hrs on it actually snapped a driveshaft on the thru hull bearing and then forced the broken piece into the fuel tank. Excellent!! We have never achieved this before not even on the open skis, let alone mine. Oh well we strive for new goals I suppose. Have known  that the bearing carrier is a weak spot so I do make sure every time the motor is out it is good and packed with grease; however, this ski has not needed the motor out. Suppose it does now though, haha. I raced a couple of different limited hydros and came forth just missed 3rd so had to be happy with that on loan skis, made me work anyway.

Take care guys
Kylie

No comments:

Post a Comment