Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Successful Season Sheds Light for a Promising Year at the Worlds for Alec Hohnadell

Look forward to seeing you in Havasu soon. Should be a good World Finals for us. We are back home and Tim Judge is here rebuilding our skis and we have built a buoy course to train for the World Finals.



We showed up to the Anderson SC race and it was a great event just like last year. Nice race site with lots of vendors and really good spectator turn out. I was having some problems with my skis but was able to finish all my races but they were not running their best. I was in the points lead in the UWP Tour Points for Expert Ski Limited and did not want to lose any ground this race. I won one moto but was beaten two motos by returning veteran David Cabrera. I managed a second place overall victory. I also raced Pro-Am Ski stock with 3 mid pack finishes and could only manage an overall 6th. Place Finish. I would later figure out why my skis were not running their usual in Charleston the next weekend.


We decided to stay in Georgia and enjoy some of the fun events while waiting for the Charleston race the following weekend. We went on the zipline over the canopy of the Blue Ridge Mountains and had a blast. We also

went on my first White-Water Rafting trip and that was awesome. Some of the other racers and I went and it was a lot of fun. We pulled up right along the road in front of the race site in Charleston WV. The site really is awesome as
you are downtown and they close off the road for the race. I was still in the Points lead for the Expert Ski Limited class and was determined to try and stay in the lead. I had a good start to the Pro-Am Ski Stock Class by earning a 2nd.
Place in the first moto although my ski was not running it's best. I was brought back afetr the start in Expert Ski Limited and forced to start with a dead engine and my lanyard on my helmet. I was able to catch up and steal several
positions but finished a disappointing 5th. Place in the first moto which assured I would not win a 1st. Place overall. I did finish very well the last two motos which was enough to win a 2nd. Place Overall in Expert Ski Limited. My
ski finally blew it's motor in the Pro-Am Ski Stock race and finished poorly the second moto. I rode a borrowed ski in the third moto but was not comfortable enough to finish above mid pack earning me a 5th. Place Overall Finish.


I had won all but two races in the Expert Ski Limited Class and this was enough to secure my IJSBA UWP Tour Championship 1st. Place Victory. Thanks for all your support Jettribe!

Alec Hohnadell #11

No comments:

Post a Comment