Monday, January 3, 2011

Jettribe Team USA Responses to King's Cup and Vietnam Trip

Dear Tony,  OMG...the trip to Vietnam was undoubtedly one of the top five most wonderful things I have done in my life.  It was so inspiring and amazing.  It truly made me appreciate the life we are able to have in the USA.  Thank you again and again very much for the opportunity you have given me to experience first hand your birth country.   I have told everyone how great the trip was..in fact we are going to have a "Vietnam trip party" where I will serve pho and cafe Sada while my girlfriends see the pictures of the trip.  I did find a Vietnamese restaurant close by so I could have my "fix" of pho!!  Hope you, Sara and Andrew have the best Christmas and New Year...because you have made my year complete..thanks!!      Linda
 


We been home for a little over a week now and I have told everyone about our amazing trip and that pictures can't speak for what your eyes see. I speak for everyone, when I say thank you for a trip of a lifetime!  I miss all the "kids" please pass on to them that anytime they want to come to the USA, our home is open to them.
Tony, we hope You, Sarah and Andrew, have a wonderful Christmas.  We can't wait to see you at the freeride.  Thank you and the JetTribe staff for your wonderful hospitality during our stay in Vietnam, we greatly appreciated it.
Christine and Louis
 


Thailand,
This is my Favorite Place to Race,
When I turn up I am always greeted well and everytime I turn around someone is taking my Picture, to be fair though in 2008 I won the Pro am Runabout Open and in 2009 the Womans ski Ltd and the Mens ski Ltd. The Thai People love the fact that a female races with the guys and when I do well, the granstand comes alive, there is no better feeling for a racer when doing well to have all that support, What a Buzz.
This Year I did not take my Seadoo Runabout coming off my success on it at World Finales, as I take this event as a well deserved break from it after the solid month in Havasu working the boat and myself everyday. Maybe next year.
When in Thailand I work in with the Flamingo team there support is paramount to my success there.
This Years Event I decided to step it up to the next Level in ski, so I entered Pro am ski open and Pro ski Open. Wouldnt you know it they placed them one race apart for the weekend had just enough time to refuel the ski and not quite enough time to refuel me. I was also wrapped to see the ski that we built for Veerapong from Team Flamingo win a couple of holeshots and eventually secure 3rd Spot ahead of me.
Pro am ski open, This was a hard fought class as the top three skis in this class all came inside the top 5 in Pro ski. I took a couple of holeshots in this class however Takenashiita from Japan was awsome (he finish a close 2nd behind Macc. in Pro ski) I am not sure if he won a hole shot all weekend however he managed to just work his way to the front. coming into the last race I was 2nd equal with Al rashid from Dubai I came out in front however from the last big Pro ski race I couldnt hold it so unfortunatly finished 3rd.
Pro ski Overall I came 4th what a thrill, there was some good riders in that class and what a awsome feeling to be keeping up with the likes of Macculage on the start, and to be able to stay there for a couple of laps he is a class rider great to watch makes it look so smooth and easy.
This was my first race meeting racing with the pro ski guys I was wrapped to be in and around the Podium also Learnt alot and now need to go and work on more fitness amoungst other things.
I would like to Thank my sponsers for there support,
SEADOO CENTRE, LC Engineering, Jettribe, Jettrim, Pittstop, Autronics
Regards
Kylie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment